Cleveland Dance Academy
Our mission is to help each and every student develop a strong dance technique while building self-confidence. The faculty and staff at CDA nurture our students to instill in them a love and appreciation for the art of dance. Whether your dancer comes to one class a week or fifteen, our program will help them grow into their best self. We have a wide variety of teachers, from professional dancers to those who work in the physical therapy field. This helps to create a well rounded program with a wide variety of professional knowledge. Stop in and meet our amazing staff and see all Cleveland Dance Academy has to offer.
1. Our instructors are well educated and have a genuine love of teaching. Classes are never taught by students.
2. Tuition is based on total classes per family, not per student.
3. Competition is not the main focus of our studio. We have a competition team that uses their own class time to work on competition material. Regular class time is spent improving technique and educating our dancers.
4. We allow children to be children. Your dancer will never be dressed or dancing inappropriately. The health (both mental and physical) and safety of our students is our number one priority.
5. We work closely with our instructor who works in the physical therapy field to make sure our program is building the strongest dancer in the healthiest way. We avoid the dangerous "over stretching" which is causing so many young dancers a lot of problems.
6. Our students are not constantly working on performance material. Full studio performances are done on the odd school years. Every other year is spent strictly working on technique. The ballet students (beginning through Advanced) have additional performance opportunities. The Nutcracker is done on odd years and an originally choreographed ballet is done on the even years.
7. We do not hire outside professionals to be leads in our performances. Every performance is an all student show.
8. We are conveniently located in Strongsville, near Berea, Middleburg Heights, Olmsted Falls, Columbia Station and Brunswick.